Interested in working at Oxitec?
Our business is using cutting-edge science to tackle major challenges in global health and agriculture.
We are a dynamic company located at Milton Park, close to Oxford, one of the UK’s leading biotechnology hot spots. We need people who share our vision in combating some of the world’s most damaging insect pests and who have a drive to make a difference, a commitment to deliver, and who have the skills and experience to succeed.
We do not use agencies in our current recruitment process.
Job Title: Senior Field Operations Manager
Reporting to: Head of Field Operations
Responsible for: Directing and Managing a Portfolio of Field Trials and Operations
Purpose of the job:
Oxitec is wholly owned subsidiary of Intrexon and a pioneer in controlling insects that spread disease and damage crops. Through world class science it is tackling the major global challenges of keeping people healthy and increasing food production and it is doing so in a way that is sustainable, environmentally friendly and cost effective.
The post offers an exciting opportunity to direct and manage an international portfolio of defined public health projects to deliver our revolutionary insect control solution; additionally to direct and manage operations development projects. The successful candidate will thrive working in fast-paced interdisciplinary team operating internationally by collaborating with internal and external partners and customers.
- Direct and manage the planning and execution of field projects – trials and operations – in allocated countries (principally in Spanish speaking Latin America) with local staff, collaborators and contractors.
- Direct and manage the planning and execution of allocated field operations development projects, spanning the development and piloting of equipment, methods and processes.
- Ensure Oxitec compliance with regulatory obligations and standards in the conduct of these activities.
- Produce scientific reports and publications.
- Take a creative approach to problem solving and the development of applied solutions.
- Provide technical support for business development team.
- This role will be based in the UK office and will necessitate extensive travel.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- PhD in Biological Science or a related scientific discipline (or BSc/MSc with equivalent experience).
- Leadership and project management skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a fast-paced dynamic multidisciplinary team.
- Must be diligent and organized, with data handling and statistical analysis abilities.
- Track record of managing teams of trained scientist
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Independent, self-motivated and resilient
- Willingness to undertake international travel
- Agronomic or public heath insect control and/or field trial experience desirable
- Fluent Spanish essential; additional ability in Portuguese desirable
Highly competitive salary and benefits, including an annual performance related bonus and company contributory pension scheme.
For further information please contact: – Sarah Freeman on 01235 832393, email: firstname.lastname@example.org and also visit www.oxitec.com
Start date: ASAP