Work with us
Interested in working at Oxitec?
Our business is using cutting-edge science to tackle major challenges in global health and agriculture.
We are a dynamic company located at Milton Park, close to Oxford, one of the UK’s leading biotechnology clusters. We need people who share our vision in combating some of the world’s most damaging insect pests and who have a drive to make a difference, a commitment to deliver, and who have the skills and experience to succeed.
Administrative/Finance Assistant – Full time
Reporting to: Office Manager
Purpose of the job
Oxitec Limited (www.oxitec.com) was founded in 2002 to develop and commercialize leading edge science and technology invented at the University of Oxford in UK. The company is headquartered in Oxford, where it has a dedicated team of over 40 people.
Assist the Office Manager with effectively overseeing the day to day running of the business.
- Ensuring that the office, kitchen area and store room are kept in good order at all times
- Ensuring the meeting room is cleared after each meeting, and cups/glasses and refreshments are replenished. Checking daily to ensure cables from videoconferencing unit are stored safely.
- Buying milk daily/as necessary.
- Cleaning coffee machine at the end of each working day.
- Opening post and distributing accordingly, taking post to the post box/post office at the end of each day
- Receiving deliveries
- Issuing controlled documents
- Scanning, printing and faxing documents
- Filing and archiving
- Sending internal emails to staff where necessary
- Maintaining current equipment and raw material records.
- Ad hoc duties that arise to assist Office Manager and other members of staff
- Changing server back up tapes daily
- Answering all calls within 4 rings if possible
- Ascertaining whether the caller is genuine, and politely refusing cold callers. If unsure taking messages so the relevant staff member can call back
- Knowing management team whereabouts
- Greeting visitors professionally, ensuring they sign in the visitors book
- Arranging lunches as needed
- Informing buildings of visitors as necessary
- Maintaining current contact details on both Sage HR and Outlook contacts/contact database
- Checking completed leave forms and entering details on Sage HR and the whereabouts calendar
- Entering training records onto Sage HR, then entering the expiry date onto Outlook, sending to H&S officer and trainee so that refresher courses can be booked
- Maintaining good levels of stationary and replenish as levels decrease
- Ensuring that all order request forms are completed and approved in accordance with the policy
- Weekly ordering for all departments
Invoicing and payments
- Entering invoices on Sage in accordance with the purchasing policy
- Printing and checking aged creditors list before getting approval from CEO then enter payments on to HSBC Net
- Changing supplier invoice status to paid and send out remittance advice before filing invoices accordingly
- Updating supplier contact details on Sage and Outlook
Credit card statements
- Printing monthly credit card statements for each card and matching with receipts, chasing staff member where appropriate. Entering onto Sage using correct nominal codes. Getting completed statements signed by owner and then approved by their manager.
- Paying employee expenses in accordance with the expenses policy.
- Maintaining patent records, correspondence and maintaining online database
- Managing renewals by liaising with CSO.
- Arranging travel through outside agents/ individual airlines
- Arranging accommodation and car hire
- Assisting with visas applications as required
- Obtaining itinerary/travel plans with traveller prior to departure
Xmas Party and company events
- Arranging the Oxitec staff party in good time each year with approval from CEO
£18-20,000 depending on experience.
For further information regarding any of the vacancies below please contact Tracy Thompson on 01235 832393 or email@example.com.
Stricly no agencies please.